httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r592764 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/util_ldap.h modules/ldap/util_ldap.c
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:52:07 GMT
On Nov 14, 2007 3:26 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
> Hm. Currently this works fine, but in r591488, you create a subpool of st->pool and
> save it in l->pool and I understood that it was your intention that this subpool
> will be cleared sometime in the future and at this point of time uldap_connection_cleanup
> seems to be important again. As I see no harm in registering the cleanup for this pool
> and as the person who introduces clearing this subpool will have forgotten about this
cleanup
> I would think that reverting would be the best here.

I was afraid that leaving cleanup registered (on a pool that isn't
cleaned up) would be the more misleading option.  It's not just a
matter of picking when to run the cleanup -- the cleanup function
itself (and the prior allocations) do not accomodate fully removing a
backend connection.

The details of the allocation were largely unimportant when the
cleanup was intended to be run at child exit (even though it wasn't
running at all) because this all storage allocated only in the child

I'm glad to revert && comment until such a time that it can be worked
out more fully (and yank backport) -- thanks for the review.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com