httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r591488 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/ldap/util_ldap.c
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:47:34 GMT
On 11/3/07, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> What is the purpose of creating a sub pool here? I don't see directly that
> l->pool has a shorter live time than st->pool. Any pointers?

You are correct in that It is not required at the moment.  It's a
compromise between zapping the pool reference in that
per-ldap-connection data structure completely and leaving it to
accomodate a future change in the lifetime of entries in the ldap
connection pool.

In the interim, since the entire structure is essentially 'checked
out' of the connection pool, l->pool can at safely be used during
request processing.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com