httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: AP_CONN_CLOSE on force-response-1.0
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 18:19:07 GMT
On 10/9/07, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> All I'm saying is that, iirc, the intent of force-response-1.0 is
> to force a 1.0 response and disable keepalives... it was designed
> to work around buggy browsers that had problems with 1.1 features,
> including wonky 1.0-type keepalives.

No, you are thinking of downgrade-1.0 or nokeepalive.

force-response-1.0, according to the docs, is only supposed to change
the response-line, and nothing else. It was specifically designed for
stupid clients (AOL) that couldn't handle a response with HTTP/1.1 in
the response line, even if only HTTP/1.0 features were used. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html#special

Joshua.