httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject Adding timestamp to apache releases?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:34:16 GMT
Greetings,

To-do list item #1 for this week is "upgrade to 2.2.6". When I was
waiting for the tar-ball to download, it occurred to me that it isn't
blindingly obvious *when* the update was published. There's no date on
the homepage (http://httpd.apache.org/) or on the download page
(http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi) or on the announcement page
(http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/Announcement2.2.html) or even on the
changes log (http://apache.mirror.testserver.li/httpd/CHANGES_2.2)...
It's just that when I announce the upgrade internally, managers like to
see something like a date rather than just an arbitrary version number.

Is there a reason for the coyness or is it just an oversight, like
people who send out invites to parties with elaborate directions and
clip-art but forget to put the date?

Might it be an idea for 2.2.7?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle