httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: AP_CONN_CLOSE on force-response-1.0
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:46:15 GMT

On Oct 10, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:

> On Wednesday 10 October 2007 18:04:47 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> On Oct 10, 2007, at 9:38 AM, Aleksey Midenkov wrote:
>>>  And resolution for those who will suffer can be
>>>
>>> SetEnvIf Request_Protocol HTTP/1.0 nokeepalive
>>>
>>> No unnecessary CPU processing for majority.
>>
>> Huh? You're adding another conditional that needs
>> to be checked... And for most cases, where the protocol
>> is 1.1, it would be a waste of time.
>
> For one installation from a million it is acceptable tradeoff. But
> I really
> doubt it will be necessary to anyone.

Or how about leaving the vast majority of the public completely
unaffected and creating a new envvar for those who have problems
with the 10 year old implementation...

If, however, you come up with a complete patch, including docs,
that do what you'd like, I'd certainly (assuming it's a valid
patch) +1 it.