httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: Proposal: Increase request in worker_score
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:39:06 GMT

On Oct 20, 2007, at 7:02 AM, Niklas Edmundsson wrote:

> Hi all!
> We've been annoyed by the fact that the status page as served by
> mod_status only shows the first 64 bytes of the current requests
> for a couple of years now.
> We know that it's only meant to be a hint, not the complete request
> in all conditions, but the problem is that 64 bytes is just too
> short to be useful in a lot of cases. When using httpd for serving
> files on a FTP server you usually see the directory and the first
> characters of the filename, very annoying.
> Locally we've been running with a patch[1] to increase the size
> from 64 bytes to 192 bytes for a while now (since httpd 2.2.4 was
> released) with no ill effects. Admittedly, our servers are
> configured to MaxClients 6000 so they don't see the insane amount
> of simultaneous accesses as some bigger configurations out there.

Agreed. Back when I added this, there was a real need to
keep the scoreboard as small as possible. Today, that is
no longer a real issue.

Of course, there's no way this can be done in 2.2. But
it's find for 2.4 and later.

The other option, of course, would be to keep the small
buffer but have some some sort of config directive that
indicates whether you want the 1st or last 64 bytes :)
That seems a nice stop-gap for 2.2

View raw message