httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Renu Tiwari <Renu_Tiw...@infosys.com>
Subject Error from DSOLoadLibrary in Apache2.0.61(64 bit) on AIX 5.3(64 bit)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:05:03 GMT

Hi All,

We need to support our application (thirdparty) using ASF Apache 2.0.61(64-bit) on AIX 5.3(64-bit).
Here our application is also running in 64-bit mode.

We are facing an issue in dynamically loading the thirdparty module to Apache2.0.61 server.
Error shown in error_logs of Apache server is
"Error from DSOLoadLibrary - Not enough space".

We were able to load the library from a sample program, here apache is not in the picture.

Sample program:-

void* SmDSOLoadLibrary ( const char *pszDSOPath, char **ppszErrorBuf )
{
        void* pHandle = NULL;
        pHandle = dlopen( ./test.so, RTLD_LAZY );

        if ( !pHandle )
        {
                printf(" I am in");
                return pHandle;
        }

        return pHandle;
}

Tried with options "ulimit -d unlimited" and also tried to increase the address space by using
option LDR_CTRL=MAXDATA=0x80000000
But still we are facing the same issue and getting the same error as "Error from DSOLoadLibrary
- Not enough space".

Also we tried to load the same thirdparty module to ASF Apache2.0.61 (64 bit) on AIX 5.2(64
bit). There Apache is able to load the module and the process of Apache and our application
are working fine.

The above issue is on AIX 5.3(64 bit) only.

Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
RT

e-mail system.