httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marten Lehmann <lehm...@cnm.de>
Subject Strange access log entry repeating
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:00:51 GMT
Hello,

I already posted this into apache-users, but it probably is too much
httpd-internal, I haven't received an answer yet.

I have an ssl host for the domain test.com, configured with these lines
in httpd.conf:

Listen 1.2.3.4:80
NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
         ServerName test.com
</VirtualHost>

Listen 1.2.3.4:443

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
         ServerName test.com
         SSLEngine On
         SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/certs/test.com.key
         SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/certs/test.com.crt
</VirtualHost>

Everything worked fine before I enabled ssl. After that, these lines
occure every now and then, but always about once per second:

test.com 1.2.3.4 - - [11/Oct/2007:19:11:25 +0200] "GET /" 400 478 "-" "-"

It definetely started in the moment I stopped and restarted apache after
I made the URL configuration. It is a multi homed environment and these
entries appear for no other host (there is no other ssl host on this
server). Any ideas?

I have checked everything, there is nothing externally calling this URL.
It seems that apache is calling the URL on its own (maybe it is trying
to resolv something?). I'm not that much into the apache details to have
a clue.

I'm using httpd-2.2.4. If you don't have an idea, I can maybe track it
down a bit further. But so far this simpelst thing I can explain is:
With a pretty standard httpd.conf there is no long entry unless someone
actually calls a URL. But once I include the configuration lines above
and restart apache, strange log lines appear. Note: There is always an
error 400. And the URL called is always "GET /", not even "GET /
HTTP/1.0" or so.

Kind regards
Marten