httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Broken URI-unescaping in mod_proxy
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:17:18 GMT
Akins, Brian wrote:

>> For the millionth time, if that is a problem then separate the proxy
>> module from the gateway ("reverse proxy") module.  They do not belong
>> together.
>
> +1.  This would sway me more to go back to the "stock" modules.  The
> "reverse proxy" could be much more aggressive with keep-alives, connection
> pools, etc.

As I recall there is very little difference between the code for
"forward proxy" and the code for "reverse proxy", the key differences
being to send a Proxy-Auth instead of Auth where appropriate, and other
minor things.

Separating the module into two will just mean two modules with virtually
identical code: a breeding ground for all sorts of problems.

Regards,
Graham