httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and interim responses
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:27:30 GMT

On 10/04/2007 01:41 AM, Nick Kew wrote:
> RFC2616 tells us a proxy MUST forward interim (1xx) responses
> to an HTTP/1.1 Client, except where the proxy itself requested
> the response.  Currently mod_proxy is just eating interim
>
> I've hacked up a simple patch, based on a new
> ap_send_interim_response API function.  This works, but could
> raise issues of ordering if we start to support asynchronous
> pipelining of requests on a connection.

What do you mean by asynchronous pipelining?

According to 8.1.2.2: "A server MUST send its responses to those
requests in the same order that the requests were received."

> Patch attached.  Comments?

I think you should move it to http_filters.c. There are a bunch
of static functions that you can use for creating the header strings
and all this stuff without reinventing the wheel.
Furthermore ap_send_interim_response should not sent 100-Continue
since this is already done by ap_http_filter.

Regards

RĂ¼diger