httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Proxying subrequests
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:46:17 GMT
On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 12:20:47PM +0000, Nick Kew wrote:
> Well, it involved my own HTTP Client code (duplication) and
> in the case of SSI, a separate <!--#include url="..."-->.
> (The duplication dates back to before I had commit here:-)
> Basically I want to eliminate that duplication.

The need for http client code seems to pop up every so often. I think it
would make a lot of sense to get a generic client lib in place (possibly
in apr-land), before bolting on another bit of client code.
Another example is
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/mod_cache_requester/trunk/ which is
using curl.
I think perhaps a directive like SSIProxyURL defaulting to off would be
an absolute minimal requirement to keep unsspecting people out of
trouble.

vh

Mads Toftum
--