httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Proxying subrequests
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2007 12:20:47 GMT
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 02:32:31 +0200
André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:

> * Nick Kew wrote:
>
> > Our subrequest API currently handles only local subrequests,
> > so for example mod_include doesn't support
> > <!--#include virtual="http://example.com/example.txt"-->.
> > I've worked around this in the past with some ugly hacks.
>
> How ugly are they? I'd rather accept them than...

Well, it involved my own HTTP Client code (duplication) and
in the case of SSI, a separate <!--#include url="..."-->.
(The duplication dates back to before I had commit here:-)
Basically I want to eliminate that duplication.

> It opens a big can of worms. See the neverending story of faulty php
scripts.

Is that because the PHP scripts are all reinventing this wheel?

> -0 from here. I think this is a point where mod_include should stop.

I'll answer that in a followup to another post.

> Besides that, shouldn't your patch trigger a gateway request instead
> of regular proxy?

That already works, in the sense that if a subrequest triggers a
ProxyPass, then that applies.  I used PROXYREQ_PROXY because that
seemed appropriate to a request starting from a full URI.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/