httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy and interim responses
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:12:45 GMT
On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 11:52:03AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:27:30 +0200
> Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > I think you should move it to http_filters.c. There are a bunch
> > of static functions that you can use for creating the header strings
> > and all this stuff without reinventing the wheel.
>
> Hmm.  It's only a one-line reinvention of a wheel.
> I guess you mean things like ... AP_SERVER_PROTOCOL, " ",
>      ap_get_status_line(100), CRLF CRLF, NULL);

Notably form_header_field() etc will DTRT on EBCDIC platforms, which the
current code does not - I agree with Ruediger that http_filters.c is the
right place for this function.

> I think http_filters.c is dealing with automatic HTTP negotiation
> controlled by the core, whereas ap_send_interim_response is an
> API for applications (including proxy) and hence belongs in
> protocol.c.  Unless you can convince me otherwise???

ap_*_client_block(), ap_discard_request_body() are all part of the
request-handling API and live in http_filters.c, this isn't much
different in nature.

joe