httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksey Midenkov <...@uezku.kemsu.ru>
Subject Re: AP_CONN_CLOSE on force-response-1.0
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:01:46 GMT
On Tuesday 09 October 2007 22:49:38 Jim Jagielski wrote:
>      http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=78967
>
> That's a 1997 date, btw :)

There were no word about broken browsers in that commit, only about broken
proxy. ;)

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 22:41:19 Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I can't see changing the behavior now, after all these years.
> If we want to create a variant that maintains the feasibility of
> keepalives, then a big +1 for that, but it should be a new
> envvar, not changing the userland experience of an existing one...

And if browser asks explicitly for Keep-Alive, why not to satisfy it? You
should keep in mind that implicit behaviour is 'Connection: Close' for 1.0
protocol. I think, new envvar will add unnecessary complexity to
configuration and redundant processing to servers...