httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Broken URI-unescaping in mod_proxy
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 22:26:37 GMT
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:17:18 +0200
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

> As I recall there is very little difference between the code for
> "forward proxy" and the code for "reverse proxy", the key differences
> being to send a Proxy-Auth instead of Auth where appropriate, and
> other minor things.

There's quite a lot of difference in the path manipulation,
though both have similar bugs.

> Separating the module into two will just mean two modules with
> virtually identical code: a breeding ground for all sorts of problems.

Not necessarily.  A reworking can factor out more of the common
code into proxy_util, leaving mod_proxy and mod_gateway as
fairly slim modules.

But pending a round tuit, the question remains academic.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/