httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Kahan <jose.ka...@w3.org>
Subject Re: As we contemplate what to fix, and how to roll out 2.4 and 3.0
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 22:23:45 GMT
If it could help your PR effort, maybe you could have some kind of
online testimonial or survey page of companies or big sites that
have moved to Apache 2.2, stating how much time it took them to
migrate to it from the previous server version, how much effort it took
to migrate their propietary modules, and what gains in performance,
stable server behavior they have observed.

I'd also include a last section stating if they aborted their move,
to state the reasons why.

The above survey would let users see, by consulting their peers
opinion, the benefits (and possible drawbacks) of moving to Apache 2.2.

If there's such a page, we (W3C), can fill in an entry
re: our migration to Apache 2.2.

Cheers,

-jose