httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy & &headers
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:27:31 GMT
On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 12:11:09 +0200
Nick Gearls <nickgearls@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think mod_proxy should be enhanced/fixed in some way:
> - If I use ProxyPass & ProxyPassReverse to forward connection from
> "proxy" to "back-end", ProxyPassReverse adapts the "Location" header
> from "back-end/..." to "proxy/...".
>
> 1. Why only the "Location header" ?

Because that's the only header you had that contained the string
"back-end" with URL semantics.

> 2. In case you access your proxy in HTTPS, and your back-end in HTTP,
> ProxyPassReverse should also remove the protocol from all headers
> 3. ProxyPass should do the same for all headers - fixing the
> protocol, and possibly the host if "ProxyPreserveHost" was not used

How would you propose to rewrite, for example, the "Date" header?

> Does it sound sensible ?

I expect if you think through what you're asking, you'll eventually
redesign the existing behaviour.  If not, tell us what's wrong.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/