httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: 1.3 pid table changes vs. uptime?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:24:40 GMT

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:54 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>> Alternative opinions?
> Alternative implementations are welcomed.

Certainly one trade-off would be speed over space; having
pid_table an actual (C) array of pids. When "setting" we would
sequentially scan through that array for an "empty"
space and tuck the pid in there; when removing we would
scan though until we found our pid and unset it (0).
I haven't profiled this so it actually might be better
than the overhead of using ap_tables...

Should I look at something like the above?

View raw message