httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Graham Leggett" <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_proxy & &headers
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 11:30:21 GMT
On Wed, October 3, 2007 1:03 pm, Nick Kew wrote:

> It would break headers that contain a URL-like pattern that isn't
> a URL.  And if you think that's unlikely, just look at the number
> of false positives in desktop software (e.g. mailers) that guesses
> links and makes http://www.example.org or even just www.example.com
> clickable.

As I recall the ProxyPassReverse does an exact string prefix match on
Location, and if there is a match, the header is changed, otherwise it
leaves the header alone.

By saying "ProxyPassReverse" it seems sane to be telling the proxy that it
should hide every and all occurences of the backend url by replacing it
with the frontend url, although from the perspective of changing existing
behaviour in existing installations, a compromise would be to identify
headers used by WebDAV, and alter those headers as well as Location.

Regards,
Graham