httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Alec Matusis" <matu...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: 2.0.54 unstable, requests time-out, NO warnings in logs
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:04:42 GMT
> Have you checked without the MaxMemFree setting?
> Why do you use MaxMemFree with such a small value at all?

I finally removed MaxMemFree altogether, and it crashed again. Nothing in
the apache error logs, but this is how /server-status looks like during the
crash:

300 requests currently being processed, 0 idle workers
WCRRRRRRCRRRRRRRRCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCRWWRRRCRWRRCRRCRWRRWRRRRRRRC
RRCRRRRCRCRRWRRRRWWCRRRWRRRWRCRRRCRRRRRRRRRCRRCRRRCCCRRCRRRRCCWR
RCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWWRRRWRWRWCCCWWWRCRRRRRCRCCWRRWRCRCRWRRRRCRRRR
RRRRWRRRWRRRCRRCRRCRRRCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRCCCRWRRRRRRRRRRRRCRRRCRRR
RRCRRRRRRRRCRWCRCRRRRRRRWWCWRRCWRRRCRRCRRRCR

Immediately after I restarted the apache after the crash, I did get

[Mon Oct 01 15:20:49 2007] [notice] mod_python: Creating 32 session mutexes
based on 300 max processes and 0 max threads.
[Mon Oct 01 15:20:49 2007] [notice] Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) mod_python/3.1.4
Python/2.4.1 configured -- resuming normal operations
****[Mon Oct 01 15:21:25 2007] [error] server reached MaxClients setting,
consider raising the MaxClients setting***

but it's strange that this message was not written before or during the
crash, even though /server-status shows no available free child processes.