Ok basic example as stated here:
http://fastcgi.coremail.cn/configuration.htm#regular%20fastcgi

makes the server spit out these again:
[Fri Sep 07 17:49:51 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.4] Premature end of script headers: printenv.pl

if I place the same script outside of the fcgid folder it works fine.

I'm now going to try more complicated examples. If they fail aswel (as I presume they will)
Try to get you a debug dump... not sure when though busy weekend and then first week of school.