httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <>
Subject Re: Increasing the size of allow_options_t and overrides_t
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 16:46:47 GMT
On 9/1/07, Graham Leggett <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am working on a patch that needs to widen the two bitmaps below, as
> they have run out of bits. Would such a change be backport-able to v2.2,
> and what kind of MMN bump would it need if so?

I think that'll break the binary API, which would make in non-backportable.

But in any case, whenever expanding Options has come up in the past,
someone has pointed out that it is almost always better to simply
create a new directive. The Options directive is one of the most
confusing things for httpd users, and adding to it certainly won't
help. If we were starting from scratch, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't
include an Options directive at all.

View raw message