httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <>
Subject Re: Solution to apr stdio/msvc crt/service handles and logging
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:41:16 GMT
On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
>> I'm currently rebuilding everything with VC 8 (the free
>> version), and will report on that later.
> Yea - I discovered it's quite impossible to get msvcrt-linked activestate
> to cooperate with openssl compiled against msvcr80, and probably not against
> httpd+mod_perl against msvcr80.
> Even errors silently ignored before cause segfaults now when activestate
> tries to touch pseudo-posix files and visa versa because msvcr80 has all
> of the additional parameter checking.
> Really, building exclusively against either msvcr80 or msvcrt is the only
> way to go, and that includes all the bits.

I found that too, so for testing with VC 8 (the free
version), I built both perl and apache with it. mod_perl
builds and works, although a handful of its
tests fail (using VC 6, all the mp2 tests passed).
However, these are most likely problems on the perl/mp2
side - there were a few of the Perl tests that failed
when I built Perl. I'll look into these and report on
the mp2 list.

best regards,

View raw message