httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573264 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/scoreboard.h
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:18:16 GMT

On Sep 11, 2007, at 4:04 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>>> Find a patch that covers all the points you raised below.
>>>
>>> More comments?
>>>

>> Requires a major bump. Also destroys all those mystical
>
> Curious again. Why a major bump? Because lb_score is being
> converted from
> a complete type to an incomplete type?

That is one reason. Another is that any module, including
mod_proxy, which needs to create the "old" lb_score needs
to implement ap_proxy_lb_worker_size(). If that function
doesn't exist, then even if they implement ap_proxy_lb_workers(),
the lb score slot will be 0 size...

I would say that if the code was adjusted so if
the function did not exist, and the worker_size
defaulted to 1024, then they would be no regressions
for 3rd party modules, which would remove the bump and
make it a viable 2.2 backport.

I'd +1 that.