httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: Apache 2.2.x: Implicit creation of new proxy_workers
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 08:05:21 GMT
Persistent backend connection when proxying using RewriteRule is exactly what I am trying to
do.

AFAIU there is no way to achieve persistent connections with the default worker because (correct
me if I am wrong) a worker is associated with a single proxy_conn_pool and the proxy_conn_pool
is associated with a single address, and in the case of the default worker the address may
be different each time the worker is used.

This means that the only way to make these backend connections persistent is to create at
least one worker per backend. Right?

BR
-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group [mailto:ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com]
Envoyé : lundi 3 septembre 2007 09:23
À : dev@httpd.apache.org
Objet : Re: Apache 2.2.x: Implicit creation of new proxy_workers

I do not get the point in this case. There is always a default reverse proxy worker that is
used when no other worker is there. It has the limititation that you cannot adjust its parameters
and that it does not support keepalives. But if you create workers dynamically this would
not be very different (except for the keepalive issue).

Regards

Rüdiger