httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Villem Alari <vil...@ekool.ee>
Subject Re: make: *** [flood.lo] Error 1
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 09:07:04 GMT
On 03.09.2007, at 16:30, Martin Kraemer wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 03:56:21PM +0300, Villem Alari wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have error and can't install Flood. Error is:
>>
>> /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc    -g -
>> O2  -pipe -Wall -g -O2 -pthread    -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -
>> D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/include/apr-1.0   -I/usr/
>> include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/postgresql -I.   -c flood.c && touch
>> flood.lo
>> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
>> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
>> make: *** [flood.lo] Error 1
>>
>> I installed latest libtool with apt-get for my Ubuntu 7.04 server
>> version but it seems that there is still some kind of problem with
>> libtool: I googled for that but couldn't find solution. Can someone
>> help me please?
>
> This may not be the correct solution & answer, but it helped me when
> I had a similar message. The libtool script, when used to compile or
> link, wants to see the same compiler that was used while the libtool
> script was generated. It the uses the compiler/linker name as given
> on the command line to deduce its operation mode (i.e. to guess
> whether it was called to compile, or to link).
>
> It may help to add, as the message suggests, an explicit operation
> mode when invoking libtool (or, of course, to use the same compiler
> as used when creating libtool) in the form --tag=CC.
>
> The patch shows this on the example of a 2.2.4 httpd build rules file.
>
>   Martin
> --
> <Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>        |     Fujitsu Siemens
> http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/imprint.html | 81730  Munich,  Germany
> <libtool-tags.patch>

Hi!

can I add this --tag=CC by entering command libtool --tag=CC? Seems
not as I tried it and it said:

  *** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is deprecated.
*** Future versions of Libtool will require --mode=MODE be specified.
libtool: warning: cannot infer operation mode without MODE-ARGS
libtool: you must specify a MODE
Try `libtool --help' for more information.

The help of libtool didn't help me too to understand what's wrong.

Should I do something with that patch or was it only example and
shouldn't be used?

Regards,

Villem Alari

e-post: villem@ekool.ee