httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573264 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/scoreboard.h
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:08:06 GMT

On Sep 10, 2007, at 12:51 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 10, 2007, at 12:19 PM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>

>>> Well that just because I am thinking that the size of
>>> proxy_worker_stat
>>> could be "changed" by a balancer, like adding extra bytes to
>>> proxy_worker_stat.
>>>

>> That is what 'void *context' is designed to do. Be a place
>> where "unique" data can be stored.
>>

> Well now context can't be pointing after proxy_worker_stat and
> using few
> bytes of the 1K buffer. Someone having his own balancer could add the
> bytes he needs in his balancer code if the size is set in the
> balancer code.

??

The idea of the context element is, if a balancer needs
additional data other than what is defined in proxy_worker_stat,
the 'content' element allows them to create a struct/union/whatever
of that "extra" data, allocate it as needed and tuck away a pointer
to that in context, which required no change to the size or
definition of proxy_worker_stat at all.