httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573264 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/scoreboard.h
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:24:07 GMT

On Sep 7, 2007, at 6:20 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 09/07/2007 03:03 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 7, 2007, at 6:29 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>

>>> I think I have patched it. Could you try it?
>>>

>> Ahh... this is much nicer that my idea of breaking out
>> the data struct defs from the rest of mod_proxy.h
>
> I do not share this view and think that we should do this
> differently (haven't worked out a patch so far).
>
> 1. IMHO we change the public API with jean-frederic's patch
>    (we remove ap_proxy_lb_workers from mod_proxy.h so a major
>     bump would be due IMHO).

FWIW, I don't agree with that. ap_proxy_lb_workers() was
not and is not part of the public API for mod_proxy.
It was never declared as such. From what I can see, it
was added in mod_proxy.h simply because the original
patch wanted it defined in proxy_util.c but used in
mod_proxy.c and so added it to mod_proxy.h.

A case could be made for extern int PROXY_DECLARE_DATA proxy_lb_workers
which, upon 2nd and 3rd glance, should be re-added
and can be by simply renaming the confusingly-name
proxy_lb_workers pointer in scoreboard.c. I will do this
later on today.