httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject CHANGES file
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 13:37:48 GMT
As people can see, I've been trying to better organize
CHANGES, reducing the amount of unnecessary syncing between
versions. As such, right now each CHANGES file is a self-contained
entity, relating to changes just within that codebase
version (almost, since the 1.3 CHANGES refer to pre-1.3
stuff as well). For trunk this means that we no longer
have to move entries "down" to the 2.2 section of
the CHANGES file, we just need to delete it when a
patch is backported.

Finally, just a reminder that CHANGES is not meant to
be a substitute or "copy" of svn log; every little code
change does not need to be noted in it. If it is a PR
fix or a userland noticeable change, than it is a ripe
candidate for CHANGES. For others, please use your
best judgement.