httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Fred Woods" <f...@comment.icecreamhasnobones.org>
Subject mod_dav hack
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 01:14:33 GMT

I've written an extension/hack for mod_dav.  I would like to know if it
would be useful to others and how I might change it to be more portable?

The hack hooks the code to store, copy, rename, and remove files.
It creates a string representing the operation and the path elements,
and writes the string to a unix domain socket.  The simple hook method
was chosen so as to have as little affect on the apache web server as
possible.

The service I have listening on the unix domain socket is called davsync.
It is a service that replicates the operations onto other servers and
selectively checks some types of files into a configured version control
system.

To make it portable, I assume I all need to do is make the hook socket
configurable in the httpd.conf file and handle other types of sockets?