httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff McAdams <je...@iglou.com>
Subject Re: An enterprise-ish request (ie, basically SNMP)
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 17:11:40 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:09:25 -0400
> Jeff McAdams <jeffm@iglou.com> wrote:
>> I look forward to being able to answering any questions about our
>> desires and hope to see some discussion and progress on an SNMP
>> implementation.  If people think some financial support would be
>> helpful in bringing this about, I'm certainly willing to talk about
>> that and work out what my company would be willing to do along those
>> lines.

> Some apache developers, including myself[1], make a living doing
> contract work for companies with development needs, such as yours.
> If you have a budget, I'll be happy to talk to you.  The fact you're
> looking to make it available as open source will qualify you for
> a reduction in my standard rate.

While I don't have anything hard and fast, like I said, I have talked,
informally with some management folks around here about possibly getting
some professional development work done on it and didn't get much
push-back on it, so it seems likely that we could make something happen.
 Unfortunately, that means I don't really have any real numbers to
consider at this point though I could probably talk in off-the-record
generalities to at least get an idea if what it'd take to get it done.

Certainly having Apache developers, such as yourself, would be a great
thing for us.  I figure its more likely to be a successful project if
we've got someone working on it that's already familiar with the httpd
code base and best practices for module development, etc.

For the benefit of the list...if there are other developers, in addition
to Nick, that might be interested in taking a look at this project and
tackling it, let me know and we can certainly talk.

Thanks!
--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."