httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573264 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/scoreboard.h
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:24:01 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:
>

>>> For example what about adding:
>>> static APR_OPTIONAL_FN_TYPE(ap_proxy_lb_worker_size)
>>> *proxy_lb_worker_size;
>>> and use a void * in scoreboard and an int for the size?
>>
>> For me this sounds fine, but I would guess that Jim doesn't like
>> the void * idea in the scoreboard.
>>

> I don't mind it at all, if we use it because we don't know
> what will be stored away or because we may use the storage
> differently at different times. But this is never the
> case. lb_score always is proxy_worker_stat.

My point goes with the comment in the code:
+++
/* stuff which is lb specific */
typedef proxy_worker_stat lb_score;
+++
A custom balancer may have a different proxy_worker_stat, so in fact
only modules/proxy/mod_proxy_balancer.c should know what the
proxy_worker_stat structure contains.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic