httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 release candidate tarballs for review
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:24:07 GMT
Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> Didn't even notice... I usually take the tar.gz source and add in
> apr-iconv myself then run lineends.pl that is included in
> srclib/apr/build/, I also run cvtdsp.pl -2005 on there before I start.
>
> I didn't even seen a - win32-src.zip at that time.

Bingo - that's how I do it.  In fact the httpd-* win32-src files start
out their existence as unix httpd*.tar.gz unix targets.

In this case, I had moved apr-iconv to srclib/ in my builds, but not in
the package, and that's what exploded 2.2.6.  When I xcopy /s/v *.mak
etc, it just added iconv build foo with no source foo.

Fortunately, I (and Issac) caught this even before Jim took things live,
so no bother.

Bill