httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 release candidate tarballs for review
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 22:34:36 GMT
Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> What exectly is not working in mod_perl? my limited mod_perl config is
> working fine.
>
> On 9/5/07, *Steffen* <info@apachelounge.com
> <mailto:info@apachelounge.com>> wrote:
>
>     Also mod_perl is not working here with Win32. No indication in the
>     logs.

FWIW;

I believe I know why mod_perl is not as verbose on Win32 (oh DUH moment)...

this is not a regression, but when we clip in the Event logger pipe we
actually plug the FD into the faux-posix/stdio FILE emulation API for
Win32.  With the error log, we never have (in the past).

I can certainly work up a fix so that stdin/out/err and faux-fd 0, 1, 2
behave as expected from APR when not using apr file io.

But this will also more tightly bind to a specific MSVC version, and those
binaries built across multiple MSVC versions (e.g. AS perl built on VC 6,
AS python built on VC 7.1, Apache+mods built with VS8) will be even more
likely to implode :)

Bill