httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Issac Goldstand <mar...@beamartyr.net>
Subject Re: Revisiting UDP support (for trunk)
Date Sun, 02 Sep 2007 13:11:48 GMT
As I hit send on that last email, it occurred to me that another,
possibly more elegant, solution would be to patch the core_input and
core_output filters to use recvfrom and sendto if a non-stream socket is
detected.  In that case, I think the what needs to be done is to  modify
the core create_connection to detect a non-stream socket and not set up
remote information.  Then core_input would need to update the peer
information in the conn_rec, and use recvfrom, while core_output would
use sendto (with the saved peer information).  It's probably tricky, but
appeals to me more than letting children muck with the listeners...

  Issac