httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r573264 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/include/scoreboard.h
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:34:01 GMT

On Sep 10, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:

> Sorry for being a pain in the neck with this topic :-)

:)

It just seems that we're spending so much time on something
which was envisioned as a quick, logical fix to trunk
which could then be backported to 2.2. But it's getting
bogged down in aspects which, admittedly, need to be
fixed but, by the fact that to do it correctly, precludes
the fact that 2.2 will ever see any benefit from it (due
to the required API changes)... and all this because we
want to maintain the illusion that lb_score isn't "really"
proxy_worker_stat for some real nebulous reasons...
It's almost like saying that some weird MPM may
want their own worker_score struct instead of what
we have, so we should really pretend that
worker_score isn't worker_score. After all, we
have this comment:

    /* stuff which is worker specific */

which means it can be used for any type of worker
known to mankind.