httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 release candidate tarballs for review
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:12:01 GMT
On 9/6/07, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> "ASF hates Windows users"
> comments??

I usually prefure not to poke my nose into other peoples discussions but...
my experience with the ASF is that they threat windows users equally than
linux/unix/whatever users.
The problem is windows users generally don't compile things them selfs and
let others do it. So they don't know the code as wel or at all compared to
other users who report bugs on linux.

Windows users (my self included) usually go like:
Dudez XYZ is broken, Fix it, Fix it, Fix it. When the dev's look at it and
ask for more information they usually don't get it. So it isn't fixed at all
or as fast as a linux bug would be.

While people having bugs or minor problems on unix/linux/bsd/... sometimes
provide a ready cooked patch that with a few tweaks can be imported into the
source tree and the problem is gone.

Note: I'm in no way accusing steffen of not providing or trying to provide
more information. I myself can't usually can't. I remember me spamming
wrowe's inbox for x64 fixed.
After lots of attempts I did manged to get it working.

I'll try to see if I can find out why mod_fcgid isn't working but like so
many windows users I don't the programing language used. I can read tiny
bits of it with my experience in other language but thats about it.

--
~Jorge