httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 release candidate tarballs for review
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 20:50:45 GMT
On 9/5/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> >> I don't have any cgi scripts so I tried to get the printenv test-cgi
> >> file to work.
> >> I get 500 and error_log has this.
> >>
> >> [Wed Sep 05 20:44:36 2007] [error] [client 87.66.74.14
> >> <http://87.66.74.14>] Premature end of script headers: printenv.pl
> >> [Wed Sep 05 20:50:24 2007] [error] [client 87.66.74.14
> >> <http://87.66.74.14>] Premature end of script headers: test.cgi
> >
> > Researching!  Would you share which version of Windows?

Well, not windows apparently, on win32 we only install printenv.pl
> (presuming no /bin/sh on that platform to 'test.cgi').  Without perl,
> of course printenv.pl won't run either (and you may need to tweak the
> shebang line appropriately after install).  If you have a faux-unix
> shell, you can try out test.cgi after you tweak its shebang line.
>
> AND /cgi-bin/printenv.pl is working, no hassle for me, here with 2.2.6.
> (Were you testing that, or 2.0.61, or 1.3.39?)

Yes printenv.pl is working on windows... I was testing it on mod_cgid on my
gentoo box though.

On unix, we don't set these as executable out of the box.  Toggle the
> perms to 755 and tell us what happens.

I'll give it a try....
Yep that did the trick. So mod_cgid seems to be working fine.
Sry for the false alarm... I don't usage much cgi so I have rather limited
experience with them.

All such scripts are inherently xss-able with bullshit utf-7 auto-detection

--
~Jorge