httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: New flag for RewriteCond: novary (NV)
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:33:59 GMT

We have many such options, especially in mod_cache. This is the reason
why it will be a flag and not the default value.
I could try to stress out this better in the documentation that using
this flag might break caching and RFC2616.

> Can you not achieve the same thing by removing the unwanted
> vary entry with mod_headers' Header edit?

No, because my rewrite rules process a large tree (all below /abc)
and for single requests (/abc/something) the backend may decide that
the response actually varies on a cookie.
Another bad thing: There can be many cookie headers in a request
and the response might vary only on one of them. But this is a different
story.

Regards

Rüdiger