httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ashwani Kumar Sharma" <Ashwani_Sha...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: What is httpd -X?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:29:56 GMT

Hi All,

Please find my answer inline with this mail.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashwani Sharma
Mob: 09916454843
Off: +91-80-26265053

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Brandt [mailto:mb@nasa30.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:11 PM
To: 'dev@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: AW: What is httpd -X?

I'm wondering a bit why the -X argument is in the docs,
but not listet using httpd -h

I want to start the httpd web server through my own application and then I
would like to shut down the web server once I wish to bring my application
down, normally or abnormally (in case).

Will it be fine if I spawn the Apache web server by httpd -X option? Would it
create some unforeseen prob in my application.

All this I am doing so that I can kill the apache web server through
kill(pid, sigkill) option. Killing two httpd processes after spawning two
httpd processes is difficult.

regrads
Mario

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----