httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Shaw, Dan" <DS...@triadfinancial.com>
Subject RE: Apache proxy engineering specs
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:29:07 GMT
Sure,

We are going to be implementing BizTalk and BizTalk guaranties delivery
of messages per their application.  One of the first layers is the
transport layer BizTalk listens to for ACK(s) and if the ACK(s) come
from the proxy server then we will get a false positive and the
connection closes.

I did get a reply from another apache DEV and they indicate that I maybe
looking for persistent and stateful. OK that is fine but the very first
thing I need to know is if a proxy server responds with ACK(s) from
requesting clients.

We believe the proxy server does not respond with ACK from a client and
it passes the data onto the server in which the server responds with ACK
and then connection is closed.  But again this is a guess just based on
out research hence out question out to the dev apache arena.

Let me know if you need additional information I will send it.

Cheers,

Dan

Daniel P. Shaw
Triad Financial