httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jose Kahan <>
Subject Re: Jose's recent location test/failures
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:43:46 GMT
Hello Bill,

Thanks for your reply.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 02:05:26PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I believe the mistaken assumption is that charset can be used in this way.
> AddCharset should be used in this case.
> If no AddCharset is applied, AddDefaultCharset takes over.
> Is that the origin of this observed 'flaw'?

Indeed, the text of my test may be ambiguous. The flaw
that I noticed is related to subrequests not taking into account
what is inside the different <Directory>, <Location> and .htaccess

I made a quick modification to my tests using AddCharset:

<LocationMatch "^/conneg-test/">
 Options +MultiViews
 AddCharset something .mt

Elsewhere, in the configuration file I have

AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-1
AddType text/html                 html htm

I also have a file named in the conneg-test directory.

Doing the tests with Apache 2.2.6:

  HEAD http://localhost/conneg-test/

  HEAD http://localhost/conneg-test/test.html
  HEAD http://localhost/conneg-test/test

both return

Thus showing that the specific AddCharset is not being
taken into account in subrequests. I think this would
be the case for any other directive in those sections.
This is fixed by my patch (that was committed today,
many thanks :).

If these tests are less ambiguous in this new form, I can
resubmit them.

View raw message