httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Anatoli Tubman <anato...@checkpoint.com>
Subject Re: mod_ssl standard environment variables
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:12:15 GMT
On Monday 24 September 2007, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> On 09/24/2007 10:08 AM, Anatoli Tubman wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Somewhere between 2.0 and 2.2 mod_ssl has changed its API radically,
> > or rather, eliminated it. I used to access the client certificate via
> > the API as an X_509 data type and passed it to my own authentication
>
> Which API call did you use in 2.0? Can you give an example?
>
> Regards
>
> RĂ¼diger

I'm looking at mod_ssl.h as exported by Apache.

In 2.0.59 there is a macro myConnConfig() that returns SSLConnRec*. One of the
fields of SSLConnRec is X509 *client_cert. There's a lot of other stuff there
(the file is 20 kilobytes long) but I'm using just the client cert.

In 2.2.0 everything is gone (th file is just over 2K now). Instead, six
optional functions are exported, of which I'm supposed to use
ssl_var_lookup(). Or I can just getenv() corresponding variables, the result
is the same.

Regards
--
Anatoli Tubman