httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: New module mod_proxy_scgi
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:40:07 GMT
* Paul Querna wrote:

> +1 on concept.
>
> Shouldn't we consider moving X-Sendfile into another module or the core?
>
> It can be useful for regular CGIs or proxied stuff too..

We could put it into util_script or something. However, I'm not sure it'll
gain much. Every "protocol" must implement it anyway, i.e. look for the
header and initiate some action. The only common thing would be the
configuration (which needs to be evaluated by each module, too).

Further, we must ensure it's not used on regular proxy requests (similar to
the Location/internal redirect stuff), because that woudl be a security
issue.

nd