httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r574884 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/ssl/ssl_engine_vars.c
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:06:35 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 10:47:03AM -0000, William Rowe wrote:
> Author: wrowe
> Date: Wed Sep 12 03:47:02 2007
> New Revision: 574884

> Log:
> Resolve storage of process-lifespan version strings for OpenSSL,
> while using request-lifespan copies for manipulation.

Ewww.  This passes around a process-global pool to functions which can
get invoked at any time during request processing, which just invites a
thread-safety fubar down the line.  It only happens to be safe now
because the function is invoked at startup.

Is there a reason you prefered this to the patch I posted?

joe