httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <>
Subject [STATUS] (httpd-2.2) Wed Sep 12 23:47:09 2007
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:47:09 GMT
APACHE 2.2 STATUS:                                              -*-text-*-
Last modified at [$Date: 2007-09-12 19:44:39 -0400 (Wed, 12 Sep 2007) $]

The current version of this file can be found at:

Documentation status is maintained seperately and can be found at:

  * docs/STATUS in this source tree, or

Consult the following STATUS files for information on related projects:

Patches considered for backport are noted in their branches' STATUS:

Release history:
    [NOTE that x.{odd}.z versions are strictly Alpha/Beta releases,
          while x.{even}.z versions are Stable/GA releases.]

    2.2.7   : In development
    2.2.6   : Tagged September 4, 2007.
    2.2.5   : Tagged August 10, 2007, not released.
    2.2.4   : Released on January 9, 2007 as GA.
    2.2.3   : Released on July 28, 2006 as GA.
    2.2.2   : Released on May 1, 2006 as GA.
    2.2.1   : Tagged on April 1, 2006, not released.
    2.2.0   : Released on December 1, 2005 as GA.
    2.1.10  : Tagged on November 19, 2005, not released.
    2.1.9   : Released on November 5, 2005 as beta.
    2.1.8   : Released on October 1, 2005 as beta.
    2.1.7   : Released on September 12, 2005 as beta.
    2.1.6   : Released on June 27, 2005 as alpha.
    2.1.5   : Tagged on June 17, 2005.
    2.1.4   : not released.
    2.1.3   : Released on  February 22, 2005 as alpha.
    2.1.2   : Released on December 8, 2004 as alpha.
    2.1.1   : Released on November 19, 2004 as alpha.
    2.1.0   : not released.

Contributors looking for a mission:

    * Just do an egrep on "TODO" or "XXX" in the source.

    * Review the bug database at:

    * Review the "PatchAvailable" bugs in the bug database:

      After testing, you can append a comment saying "Reviewed and tested".

    * Open bugs in the bug database.

    * Forward binary compatibility is expected of Apache 2.2.x releases, such
      that no MMN major number changes will occur.  Such changes can only be
      made in the trunk.

    * All commits to branches/2.2.x must be reflected in SVN trunk,
      as well, if they apply.  Logical progression is commit to trunk,
      get feedback and votes on list or in STATUS, then merge into
      branches/2.2.x, as applicable.

  [ start all new proposals below, under PATCHES PROPOSED. ]

    * Event MPM: Rework locking of the timeout_mutex, to never hold it while
      calling blocking operations on the worker queue.
      Trunk version of patch:
      2.2.x version of patch:
    +1: pquerna, jim, rpluem

    * mpm_winnt: Eliminate wait_for_many_objects.  Allows the clean
      shutdown of the server when the MaxClients is higher then 257,
      in a more responsive manner.
      Trunk version of patch:
      2.2.x version of patch:

   * mod_authn_dbd: Export any additional columns queried in the SQL select
     into the environment with the name AUTHENTICATE_<COLUMN>. This brings
     mod_authn_dbd behaviour in line with mod_authnz_ldap.
     +1: minfrin
     rpluem says: r466865 has a conflict in modules/aaa/mod_auth.h
                  r571804 has a conflict in docs/manual/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.xml
                  Without r571838 the documentation for mod_authn_dbd fails
                  to build.

    * multiple files,	Trivial cleanups
      PR: 39518 - Christophe JAILLET
      +1: rpluem
      niq: this isn't a straight backport (which is why I dropped it).
      +1 for core, modules/dav, modules/filters, and modules/ssl
      Not Applicable to modules/aaa

   * mod_include: Add an "if" directive syntax to test whether an URL
     is accessible, and if so, conditionally display content. This
     allows a webmaster to hide a link to a private page when the user
     has no access to that page.
     +1: minfrin

    * Event MPM: Add clogging_input_filters to the conn_rec, enabling mod_ssl
      to revert to the Worker MPM IO behavoirs, rather than just hanging, when
      using the Event MPM. (minor MMN bump)
      Trunk version of patch:
      2.2.x version of patch:
    +1: pquerna, jim

    * mod_proxy_balancer: Do not reset lbstatus, lbfactor and lbset if the
      shared proxy_worker_stat structure for a worker is already initialized
      by the same or another process.
        Trunk version of patch:

        2.2.x version of patch:
          Trunk works.
      +1: rpluem, jim

    * mod_proxy_http: Propagate Proxy-Authorization header correctly.
      PR 25947
      +1: niq
      rpluem says: +1 in general, but please remove the tabs from your
      patch and in trunk.

    * mod_rewrite: Add option to suppress URL unescaping
      PR 34602
      +1: niq
      +0: rpluem says: As per discussion on dev@ this should be optimized
      further in trunk first before backporting.

    * mod_proxy_ajp: Differentiate within AJP between GET and HEAD requests.
      PR 43060
      Trunk version of patch:
      Backport version for 2.2.x of patch:
         Trunk version of patch works
      +1: rpluem, jim

    * mod_ssl: Resolve storage of process-lifespan version strings for OpenSSL,
      while using request-lifespan copies for manipulation
      Trunk version of patch:
      Backport version for 2.2.x of patch:
         Trunk version of patch works
      +1: rpluem, wrowe

    * mod_ldap, mod_authnzldap: Add support for nested groups (i.e. the ability
      to authorize an authenticated user via a "require ldap-group X" directive
      where the user is not in group X, but is in a subgroup contained in X.
      PR: 42891
      A version of the patch specific to the 2.2 branch (i.e. the patch that
      would be used for backport) can be found at:
      +1: rederpj
      -0: bnicholes - Unless this is considered to be a significant deficiency in the
                       authnz_ldap 2.2 functionality, I would rather see this as new
		       functionality going forward in 2.4 rather than backported to
		       2.2. We need new functionality to push us forward rather than
		       give us an excuse to stay where we are.
      rederpj says: I'm working on a project based on Apache 2.2.x which needs this code
          and I would much prefer to use official Apache code than end up using a private
          patch. It isn't possible in the short term for us to move to trunk. It just
          happened that code I had written to add this function lined up with PR 42891.
          I was going to submit it and work to get it backported either way.
      rpluem says: I am still missing a minor bump due to the changes done
      in util_ldap.h. This is an extension of a public API.
      trawick says: The new directives should be documented in trunk,
          so that docs are available for backport at the same time.

   * beos MPM: Create pmain pool and run modules' child_init hooks when
     entering ap_mpm_run(), then destroy pmain when exiting ap_mpm_run().
     Otherwise modules' child_init hooks appear to never be executed.
     Also, destroying pmain ensures that cleanups registered in modules'
     child_init hooks are performed (e.g., mod_log_config and mod_dbd).
     Trunk version of patch:
     2.2.x version of patch:
     +0: chrisd (abstaining; unable to test)

    * PKCS#7: backport PCKS#7 patches from trunk.
      +1 ben
      jerenkrantz: What's the revision number to backport?
      wrowe asks: ditto jerenkrantz
      sctemme: svn blame suggests r424707
      rpluem: Digging through the history suggests that
              need to be added to this. See also
              and follow ups for more details.

    * mod_proxy: Support variable interpolation in reverse proxy configuration  (code)  (code)
      +1: niq, mturk
      -1: wrowe notes; modifying the existing syntax makes collaboration
          impossible by an admin team - unexpected side effects and the rest.
          ProxyPassEnv* or ProxyPassSubstitute* directives that add this
          behavior on a pattern-by-pattern basis would win my -1 to a +1,
          and solve the performance hits noted by niq on an 80/20 basis.

View raw message