httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: An enterprise-ish request (ie, basically SNMP)
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:52:15 GMT
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:09:25 -0400
Jeff McAdams <jeffm@iglou.com> wrote:

> I look forward to being able to answering any questions about our
> desires and hope to see some discussion and progress on an SNMP
> implementation.  If people think some financial support would be
> helpful in bringing this about, I'm certainly willing to talk about
> that and work out what my company would be willing to do along those
> lines.

Some apache developers, including myself[1], make a living doing
contract work for companies with development needs, such as yours.
If you have a budget, I'll be happy to talk to you.  The fact you're
looking to make it available as open source will qualify you for
a reduction in my standard rate.

If your budget doesn't extend to a professional developer,
maybe you can look for some other arrangement, perhaps working
with other prospective users of such a module, or taking
pot-luck with a student.  But you're unlikely to prompt anyone
into developing it from scratch unless they themselves have an
existing need for it.

[1] http://apache.webthing.com/

--
Nick Kew