httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Zvi Har'El" ...@math.technion.ac.il>
Subject SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:40:21 GMT
Hi,

I installed the new httpd 2.2.6 on several machines. One of them runs
RedHat Enterprise Linux. Another is Solaris 2.9. When looking at the SSL
environment variables in a simple CGI, I notticed that on the Linux machine,
SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY is not set at all, and in the Solaris machine, it contains
several lines from the apache magic files.

SSL_VERSION_LIBRARY='-----------------------------------------------------------
------------------
# msword: file(1) magic for MS Word files
#
# Contributor claims:
# Reversed-engineered MS Word magic numbers
#

0       string          \376\067\0\043                  application/msword
0       string          \333\245-\0\0\0                 application/msword

# disable this one because it applies also to other
# Office/OLE documents for which msword is not correct. See PR#2608.
#0      string          \320\317\021\340\241\261        application/msword

# printer:  file(1) magic for printer-formatted files
#

# PostScript
0       string          %!              application/postscript
0       string          \004%!          application/postscript

# Acrobat
# (due to clamen@cs.cmu.edu)
0       string          %PDF-           application/pdf

# sc:  file(1) magic for "sc" spreadsheet
#
38      string          Spreadsheet     application/x-sc

# tex:  file(1) magic for TeX files
#
# XXX - needs byte-endian stuff (big-endian and little-endian DVI?)
#
# From <conklin@talisman.kaleida.com>

# Although we may know the offset of certain text fields in TeX DVI
# and font files, we can'\''t use them reliably because they are not
# zero terminated. [but we do anyway, christos]
0       string          \367\002        application/x-dvi
#0      string          \367\203        TeX generic font data
#0      string          \367\131        TeX packed font data
#0      string          \367\312        TeX virtual font data
#0      string          This\ is\ TeX,  TeX transcript text
#0      string          This\ is\ METAFONT,     METAFONT transcript text

# There is no way to detect TeX Font Metric (*.tfm) files without
# breaking them apart and reading the data.  The following patterns
# match most *.tfm files generated by METAFONT or afm2tfm.
#2      string          \000\021        TeX font metric data
#2      string          \000\022        TeX font metric data
#>34    string          >\0             (%s)

# Texinfo and GNU Info, from Daniel Quinlan (quinlan@yggdrasil.com)
#0      string          \\input\ texinfo        Texinfo source text
#0      string          This\ is\ Info\ file    GNU Info text

# correct TeX magic for Linux (and maybe more)
# from Peter Tobias (tobias@server.et-inf.fho-emden.de)
#
0       leshort         0x02f7          application/x-dvi

# RTF - Rich Text Format
0       string          {\\rtf          application/rtf

# animation:  file(1) magic for animation/movie formats
#
# animation formats, originally from vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (VaX#n8)
#                                               MPEG file
0       string          \000\000\001\263        video/mpeg
#
#'

Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Both machine have the same
version of openssl, OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007, and I have not found any
problems in the server otherwise.

Best,

Zvi.

--
Dr. Zvi Har'El      mailto:rl@math.technion.ac.il    Department of Mathematics
tel:+972-54-4227607                  Technion - Israel Institute of Technology