httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <mar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: make: *** [flood.lo] Error 1
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 13:30:04 GMT
On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 03:56:21PM +0300, Villem Alari wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have error and can't install Flood. Error is:
>
> /usr/share/apr-1.0/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc    -g -
> O2  -pipe -Wall -g -O2 -pthread    -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -
> D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/include/apr-1.0   -I/usr/
> include/apr-1.0 -I/usr/include/postgresql -I.   -c flood.c && touch
> flood.lo
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
> make: *** [flood.lo] Error 1
>
> I installed latest libtool with apt-get for my Ubuntu 7.04 server
> version but it seems that there is still some kind of problem with
> libtool: I googled for that but couldn't find solution. Can someone
> help me please?

This may not be the correct solution & answer, but it helped me when
I had a similar message. The libtool script, when used to compile or
link, wants to see the same compiler that was used while the libtool
script was generated. It the uses the compiler/linker name as given
on the command line to deduce its operation mode (i.e. to guess
whether it was called to compile, or to link).

It may help to add, as the message suggests, an explicit operation
mode when invoking libtool (or, of course, to use the same compiler
as used when creating libtool) in the form --tag=CC.

The patch shows this on the example of a 2.2.4 httpd build rules file.

  Martin
--
<Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>        |     Fujitsu Siemens
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/imprint.html | 81730  Munich,  Germany