httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Henrik Nordstrom <hen...@henriknordstrom.net>
Subject Re: new webaccel appliance
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:35:33 GMT
On tis, 2007-09-18 at 22:41 +0200, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Agreed. Depending on the answers above we may need to have a list of headers
> (like Accept-Encoding) where we compare the tokens in the field-value.
> For all other headers we would stay with the plain compare we do today.
> See also the TODO comments in mod_disk_cache.c::regen_key.

Or you implement If-None-Match and forget about this. Except that Apache
mod_deflate is still broken and returns the wrong ETag (same as the
unencoded entity).. see bug #39727..

The separator is only one of many things which makes the Vary:ing
headers slightly different. You also have quality parameters, locales,
etc etc.

Regards
Henrik